Vegan Chili and Corn Bread
1 sweet yellow onion
1/2 carton of mushrooms
1 sweet bell pepper
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 package of tempeh
1 can of kidney beans
1 can of white beans
1 can diced tomatoes
3/4 cup of water or veggie broth
2 TBSP of brown sugar
1 TSP of unsweetened coco-powder
1 TBSP ketchup
1/2 TSP of chili powder
1/2 TSP of salt
1/2 TSP of pepper
1. Place large pot onto medium heat stove. Dice up onions and garlic and throw into pot with 1 TBSP of olive oil.
2. Allow onions to become soft (5 minutes). Now place diced mushrooms and bell peppers into pot. Allow to cook (5 minutes).
3. Roughly chop tempeh and throw into pot. Allow everything to cook together (10 minutes).
4. Now add beans, tomatoes, and water into pot. Crank up heat to high, allow everything to come to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to a simmer, add all remaining sugars and spices, then cover and allow pot to simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Once complete, take half of the pot and put into a blender. Lightly blend, then add back to pot with remaining stuff.
(This gives it a chunky appearance and allows for some smaller pieces)
7. Now enjoy with a little shaved soy cheese on top!
1 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup white flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup soy milk
2 TBSP grinned flax-seed
6 TBSP water
3 TBSP vegetable oil
2 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP honey
3 TSP baking powder
1/2 TSP salt
1. Pre-heat oven at 425
2. Mix together flax-seed and water. Allow to sit on hot stove while you’re preparing everything else.
3. Add all dry ingredients together. Mix.
4. Add all other remaining wet-ingredients, including flax mixture.
5. Stir and combine all together. Make sure to not over stir.
6. Put into dish or cast iron skillet. I always use my cast iron because I feel like it adds an extra crisp to the edges.
7. Cook for 25 minutes. Then allow to cool for 10 minutes.